From barbecue to cheesecake, the Carolinas Gateway Partnership region is home to food manufacturers of all kinds. International manufacturers are also drawn to the region. Italian group Nutkao selected the region for its manufacturing plant in 2013. The region's food processing presence is bolstered by:
- Tyson’s Brands (Tarboro, NC)
- The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, which manufactures all the cheesecakes for the company for the eastern US
- Poppies International, a Belgian headquartered company
- Atlantic Natural Foods Inc., a vegan canned food manufacturer located in Nashville
- George’s BBQ Sauce, manufactured in Nashville
"Our business grew rapidly after going public in 1993, and by 2004, we had outgrown our capacity located in Southern California and needed to expand our manufacturing and distribution network."
- Keith Carango, SVP Bakery Operations at The Cheesecake Factory
Read more about how The Cheesecake Factory’s found a new home in eastern North Carolina.