The Carolinas Gateway Partnership region serves as an ideal location for medical and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Its rich pharmaceutical industry and top of the line educational programs make it the perfect fit for potential businesses.
Why the CGP region?
- Region supports some of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in the nation.
- Pfizer, located in Rocky Mount, is the largest injectable manufacturer in the country.
- Berry Plastics and Edwards Inc., add to the wealth of pharma expertise
- Nash Community College’s Health Sciences Department offers professional certification programs, and a new building on campus will offer aseptic training.
- Edgecombe Community College is building a biotech and medical simulation center at its Rocky Mount Campus
- The region houses two growing hospital systems: Nash Health Care System and Vidant Health
"The financial support and can do attitude of the Carolinas Gateway Partnership were critical reasons in our deciding to purchase the site 16 months ago. Today we have new employees in Rocky Mount and are continuing to expand."
- Walter Johnsen, CEO Acme United
Read more about why Acme United chose the Carolinas Gateway Partnership region to expand its business.