The region's location favors no industry more than the logistics and distribution industry. The proximity of primary sites to major state and national highways, railroads, and ports means less time on the road, and more time churning out valuable product.
- Central location with I-95, “East Coast’s Main Street” traversing the area
- US-64 and future I-495 connect to Raleigh and the Virginia Ports
- CSX serves the area with one of the largest gravity yards in the system
- QVC selected the region for one of its largest distribution centers
- Acme United recently established its main distribution facility in Rocky Mount
- MBM and McLane Carolina, two of the largest food distribution companies in the U.S., are located in the region