Global Access & Infrastructure
The Twin Counties is a prime location for any business looking for international trade and global access. With close access to air, ports, rail, and roads, it is an unsurpased location which can easily reach almost half of the U.S. population within a day’s drive.
- It is in the midpoint between Maine and Florida and located along two major interstate highways (Interstate 95 and future Interstate 87) with international trucking facilities.
- It is close proximity to an international air cargo facility located at the 2,500-acre NC Global Transpark that can accommodate the world’s largest aircraft.
- In addition, the new CSX Carolina Connector Intermodal Facility planned to be completed in early 2021 located in Rocky Mount, NC.
- Within a five-hour drive of four seaports: Norfolk, Virginia; Wilmington, North Carolina; Charleston, South Carolina; and Savannah, Georgia.
- 90-minute drive to Raleigh-Durham International Airport and the adjacent Research Triangle Park, an epicenter of U.S. life sciences development.